Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easy A

Date Viewed: Tuesday 26th April
Rating: 4/5


So today was a perfect day.. for movies. The rain created a lovely opportunity for me and my 'rents to sit down and watch a movie together. We picked out 'Easy A'  and I was thinking that maaaybe it might not be the best choice to watch with your folks, seeing as the back mentioned.. well, not quite a topic you would like to be viewing along side your parents. But actually, it was quite fun, and did not have any seriously 'awkward' and uncomfortable moments where you shrink down on the couch and think ''Oh god. Oh god. Ew. My parents are sitting right next to me and she (the character in the movie) just mentioned 'it'.." Poor example, I know, but you get my meaning don't you?
I found 'Easy A' to be funny, witty and clever. I enjoyed the way the credits were set out, blending into the scenery and actually making them interesting to read. I thought that the moral of the story was pretty clear and made sense to me, and I liked the message it was giving. In fact, it gave quite a few messages that a lot of teens can relate to, such as you don't need to be anything but you, you don't need to be popular and gain attention through lies and through doing bad things, because you are the person who will succeed in life and you only. Look at the people around you and see them for who they are, and who really care for you. The ones who care for you are the only ones who count. Not the fakes and the fair weathers.
Emma Stone (as Olive Penderghast) plays her role really well as the main character. I think she was well chosen. I would recommend this movie to any family with teens, this is a fun movie for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment